Thursday, September 25, 2008

Firewood is Stored for the Winter

No posts for few days but I have been a busy guy! Here is a picture of the firewood I got cut, split, dried (just in time!) and stacked in our garage last week, just before the rain and cooler weather came back. All Hemlock this year from a blow down in my neighbor's yard in that big storm last December.

I didn't quite fill that space to the ceiling like I wanted to, but I only put bug-free wood inside the garage. I have another half cord outside that is not so bug free, under a tarp. I plan to use that wood first.

We have a nice heat pump for heating and cooling but burning wood in our free-standing wood stove should moderate our electricity bills somewhat. And, there is just "something" about the heat from a modern, efficient wood stove. Ceiling fans help distribute the heat throughout the house. Sometimes we turn on just the fan in the heat pump system for a little while for a quicker warm up.

No comments:

Post a Comment