Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Another Beautiful Day In Paradise!

My hiking buddy Al Lind managed to get a day off work to extend his Labor Day weekend so Tuesday we went back to one of our favorite places - Paradise at Mount Rainier. We wanted to see the newly built visitors center which is replacing the Henry M. Jackson VC. Also, over 2 million dollars worth of renovations have been done to the historic Paridise Lodge. Its massive roof has been replaced and all the seams are sporting bright new copper flashing. I have included several photos of the exterior and interior.

Besides that, the wild flowers were still quite good. They usually are wilted by this time of year. I think the late spring and the slow snow melt has preserved them this year. The Indian Paintbrush flowers were in greater abundance than they were just ten days ago.

This trip was more a tourist excursion for us. We usually put on backpacks and walk several miles on our trips but for the last two weeks I have suffered with they tell me is a bone spur in my right foot. It sure slows me down! Here are the photos on Picasaweb.

No comments:

Post a Comment