Thursday, July 11, 2013

Mount Walker Day Hike

Thursday, July 11th, I went again with Al and Stan to Mount Walker. We agree Mount Walker is the ideal hike for us. It is just south of Quilcene only about an hour away by car, two miles to the summit on a good trail with a constant grade. We use it as a fitness test - how long did it take to summit this time? Views, flowers, Grey Jays always make it interesting. And in the time spent together we solve all the world's problems - if only the powers that be would listen to us the problems would soon be resolved, right?
Here is a portion of the Rhododendron forest we walk through. The Rhodies are typically 15 feet high.











This is a Rhododendron "tree" - again about 15 feet high. I have never seen trunks this big on a wild Rhodie.










Stan calls this a "Star Flower." My camera overexposed the bright white flower.












You can see all the photos I took at Mount Walker on my Flickr gallery.

No comments:

Post a Comment